tightype, fabian fohrer, fabian huber, konstanz, providence, usa, germany, europe, font, typeface, tight, tight type, tighttype, foundry, foudries, type foundry, font foundry, typedesign, type design, typography, letter, font, typeface, type, design, graphic design, type design, bespoke, contemporary, custom
TIGHTYPE is an independent type design collective, established by Fabian Fohrer and Fabian Huber in 2015. Currently working from Providence, RI, USA and Cologne, Germany, our approach is to provide visually strong typefaces for people who value contemporary type design.
We are always interested in collaborations with designers, magazines and publishers around the world — please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or project inquiries at any time!
- The desktop license allows the installation of fonts on desktop computers, in order to create print documents as well as static images and logotypes for print and screen. The basic license may be used by small companies consisting of no more than five individuals or five personal computers belonging to the same person. Desktop licenses can be adjusted to a higher number of users in our shop. If you are interested in purchasing desktop licenses for multiple locations or companies, please get in touch.
- The web license allows fonts to be embedded via self-hosting into a single website and only needs to be upgraded once traffic increases. Its price is based on the website’s monthly page views.
- The app license allows font files to be embedded into one app title. The specific number of app downloads for all platforms combined can be selected in our shop.
Social Media/Digital Ads
- The use of fonts in social media and digital ads (dynamic or static) is subject to additional licensing, if your number of followers or impressions across all platforms combined exceeds 100k. Please get in touch for further details.
- The broadcast license allows the use of fonts for TV, cinema, movies, videos and streaming and is priced depending on region and time period. Please drop us a line for detailed information.
- The embedding and publishing of fonts in ePubs or other shared documents requires additional licensing. The price depends on the number of publications the font is intended to be embedded into. The use of fonts for cover images are covered by the desktop license. Details on request.
- Storing and accessing font files on servers in order to generate items such as invoices or personalized products requires an additional license. Fonts may not be distributed or downloaded from the server. The license is valid for one year and priced upon the number of servers on which the font is installed on. Please reach out for details.
- The comprehensive corporate license grants unlimited global use for desktop, web, app, social media and digital ad purposes and is tailored for corporate requirements. Optionally, broadcast, ePub and server licenses can be added. Details and prices on request.
For testing purposes we offer trial versions of our typefaces. Trials are restricted to uppercase and lowercase letters (no accents), numbers and a few symbols and do not include kerning. Request Trials
- Our typefaces cover most languages that use the Latin alphabet, some include Cyrillic characters as well. Detailed lists of supported languages are incorporated on each typeface’s page.
- We accept commissions for bespoke typeface projects. If you’re interested, we’re happy to discuss details via Email or phone. Please provide us with details as well as a time frame. Samples of previous projects on request.
- We do not allow modifications to be made to our released typefaces. Please contact us to discuss any customizations as a bespoke project.
- All payments are handled via PayPal. On request we’re also happy to offer you the option of paying via bank transfer.
- We offer a 50 % discount on licenses for student projects if you buy two or more fonts. Buy two, get four, buy three, get six and so on.
- Fonts licensed for desktop computers and apps are delivered as OTFs, webfonts as WOFF, WOFF2 and EOT.
- Webfont embedding is handled via CSS. A detailed manual on how to embed webfonts can be found here. If you have trouble embedding webfonts, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- If you want to buy fonts for a client or someone else, the license holder can be changed accordingly after your purchase.
- If the traffic of your websites exceeded your purchased web license or if you want to add more users/downloads to your desktop/app license, please drop us a line.
- After your purchase an invoice will be available for download. The appropriate tax rate will be calculated after you submitted your billing address.
- If you inadvertently bought the incorrect license or font, please contact us in order to make changes.
- For testing purposes we offer trial versions of our typefaces. Trials are restricted to uppercase and lowercase letters (no accents), numbers and a few symbols and do not include kerning. If you want to use a font for a project, please make sure to purchase a license. To request trial versions, please scroll up.
Fonts in Use
- Fonts that have been used for projects of our clients are regularly posted on our Instagram and Facebook channels. If you want to be featured, tag @tightype or #tightype!
- If you have any questions or inquiries, don’t hesitate to send us an Email. We usually reply within a couple days!
End User License Agreement
By receiving, purchasing, downloading, installing, using or otherwise handling our fonts, you accept the terms of this agreement. This agreement replaces and supersedes any previously made oral or written proposals or agreements between you and TIGHTYPE. If you do not accept the terms, you can not download or request or use our fonts.
Do not share, distribute, illegally copy, steal from a licensed user or re-sell our fonts.
Purchased fonts will always remain copyrighted to us.
The purchase of a fonts makes the buyer a licensed user of the fonts, not an owner. The fonts may only be used for the specific amount of users (desktop licenses), page views (web licenses) or downloads (app licenses) purchased.
Fonts are allowed to be passed onto a pre-press service or printer for output only. Contractors are not allowed to actively create new documents with fonts that have been passed on for output only. If any modification is to be made by a non-licensee, then a new licence must be purchased for that user.
Embedding of the font software in other software or devices or in any other form whatsoever requires the purchase of a special licence. Please contact us to discuss further details.
We do not allow users to make modifications to our fonts. You must contact us to discuss any modifications as a bespoke project.
The use of our fonts in any racist, homophobic, transphobic or sexist context is prohibited.
Although every effort has been taken to check our fonts for viruses, in no circumstance whatsoever do we take responsibility for damage caused to a users hardware, software or a loss of income that may have occurred as a result. All font software installed is done so at the owners risk and we will not be held responsible.
We try to produce our fonts to the highest standards. If you do experience any difficulties with our fonts, we will do everything that we can to work with you to resolve any issues. We do not take on any liability in this transaction. You are using the fonts on your own risk.
Any breach of the terms of this agreement shall be cause for termination. We will pursue with legal action if you are found to be using our fonts illegally.
We reserve the right to update our licence agreement at any time without prior consent or notice.